Quick Join Instructions
- For Listen Only Access (No-Download Required) - Go directly to http://gsch.info/voice in any web browser
- For PPT Access - Download Discord, Join Server "0TDGEiVH7ZVuX2VJ "
For more detailed instructions see below.
Listen Only Mode
(No Download Required)
Interactive Mode (PPT)
Discord offers us a no-download option for users to join our channel without the hassles of setting up yet another voice client. A simple visit to http://gsch.info/ce will get them connected and listening to the event. If they would like to speak they can optionally download the Discord client on their PC, Mac, iOS, or Android device. It's mobile connectivity allows me to stay in touch with you guys wherever my job takes me. It's Cloud Based technology protects our users from unwanted hack attacks and DDOS's and keeps their security in mind. Just in the past 2 months we've seen 4 new versions come out adding many new features. So to help get everyone Migrated. I'm adding this guide for helping people setup and configure their Discord clients.
- Please Keep General Chat Family Friendly - If you can't control it please use one of the 18+ rooms.
- Please DO NOT create a channel for every event - We have quick links available for our Community Event rooms and we'd like to use them as such. (See Below for Links)
- Please do not use Group 1 - 5 channels for Going AFK or playing solo. - This is a community, we want to encourage our community to play together. If you want to be alone, move to the AFK channel.
- We are Limiting Text Channels to 1 Per Game with a 50+ Person Population. This is so that the Voice channels can actually be seen on login.
- All Active Social Adventures can request a Channel when they grow past 10 People - These will appear in the Social Adventures section and I'll create a short link for you to use.
- Social Adventures Group 1 - 5 channels are for party play in ANY Social Adventure.
Quick Tips Before Getting Started:
Run as Administrator
Many of you have seen this be an issue in the past with Ventrilo, Teamspeak, RaidCall, and Gamevox. Thanks to a little investigation by Sekkerhund as to why some people need to run as administrator and others do not, we have found that if the application you are using is run as administrator then so does your voice client. This is because internally it uses a different security protocol and if the game is set as admin, it won't be able to use keybinds for a non-admin account. So by setting both as Run as Administrator the push to talk key works. Setting them both to normal mode also allows them to work. To avoid this, it is best to run all voice communication software as Admin as regardless of what your game is set at your push to talk will work as it has the higher permission.
Chat Channels vs Voice Channels
This is one of the more confusing things to get used to. You will see a list of channels at the top labeled "Text Channels". Below that you will see "Voice Channels". You can be in one of each and the Text Channel does not relate to the Voice Channel you are currently in. In Fact! You can be in a whole other Guilds Discord channel in Voice and read/write the text channels from the Gaiscioch Discord. You can join a Chat Channel simply by clicking on the #name. You can join a Voice Channel by simply clicking on the Channel Name.
Download & Configuration
Direct Download Option:
Download one of the versions below by following the below link.
- WIN7+: https://discordapp.com/api/download?platform=win or https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-b642SCWdVbR2NocHc1MFY4SVE
- Mac: https://discordapp.com/api/download?platform=osx
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.discord
- iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discord-chat-for-games/id985746746
If you already have Discord Installed:
- Open Discord
- Click on + under the Channel List
- Click "Join a Server"
- Enter: 0TDGEiVH7ZVuX2VJ into the text box
- Click "Join"
- Click on the Gaiscioch Emblem
If you DO NOT have Discord Installed:
- Go to: http://gsch.info/voice In the "What should everyone call you" field please enter "[GSCH] " then your Gaiscioch.com Handle so that we can easilly identify you. The [GSCH] signifies that you are a Gaiscioch Member. If you are from a Tuatha Guild or Guest use your guilds Acronym. Once you have set your name Click "Continue"
- Click "Claim Account" to register and verify your account. Otherwise you will be in Listen Only mode.
- Fill in the fields below to register your account.
- Verify your email address by checking your mail and copy and pasting the link into a web browser.
- Click "Download" on the top Orange Bar to download your client
- Choose the client you would like to use
- Open the client and click the Gear on the bottom left.
- Click on "Voice" and set a Push to Talk key
- Look over the "Advanced" Tab and make sure it's set up the way you like
- Lastly, Click on "Notifications" and set it the way you want. Most people turn off all notification sounds.
A Tour of Discord
By now you're probably trying to make sense of all these things so here's a quick overview.
Settings Can Be Found in the Bottom Left of the Discord Window
Your Discord Channels can be found on the top left side
Your Friends List and Messages can be found in the Top Left Corner
Text Channels can be found in the top of the Channel List and in the main window.
Voice Channels can be found at the bottom of the Channel List as well as your Voice Status & Controls.
The Channel Online Member List can be found on the right side for quick messaging.
Quick Sharable Links for Quick Join
- Default: http://gsch.info/voice
- Community Events: http://gsch.info/ce
- Guild Wars 2 Community Events: http://gsch.info/gw2ce or http://gsch.info/vc/gw2
- Elder Scrolls Online Community Events: http://gsch.info/esoce or http://gsch.info/vc/eso
- Social Adventures Lobby: http://gsch.info/vc/sa
- Black Desert: http://gsch.info/bdo or http://gsch.info/vc/bdo
- Star Wars The Old Republic: http://gsch.info/vc/swtor
- Warhammer Online: http://gsch.info/vc/war