As many have seen we've begun feeling the pains of trying to operate 2 guilds in parallel of each other. These problems become amplified as communication barriers break down. It has become apparent that there are a few options at hand and a few directions we can take this to save the community that we have and put everyone's mind at ease.
The best option for us right now is to is to focus on one Guild, and become a unified GSCH. With the 100 person Guild Limit this will take a bit of work and compromise by all participants in the family. However as we've seen this past week the divide will divide us and without means of cross guild communication we will not be able to keep the divide from growing. This is the path we must walk. Easy, No. The right path, yes.
Additionally, I am going to be resuming the lead on BDO for a while to get things organized and refocused on being a healthy part of the Gaiscioch Family tree. So here's the plan.
The GSCH Plan Moving Forward
- 5-18: Foghladha comes back into GSCH from ArachDubh and resumes lead of the BDO community
- New Missions Schedule will be consistent and run every single day at the same time. The schedule is as follows for the time being.
- 7AM PT: Guild Supply Mission (S-L Based on Population)
- 10AM PT: Guild Supply Mission (S-L Based on Population)
- 1PM PT: Guild Supply Mission (S-L Based on Population)
- 4PM PT: Guild Supply Mission (S-L Based on Population)
- 7PM PT: Guild Supply Mission (S-L Based on Population)
- Contracts will be as follows
- 1-Day: All members under 8,500 Activity Points
- 7-Day: All members over 8,500 Activity Points
- 14-Day All BDO Community Organizers
- Changing Discord Roll "BDO Leadership" to "BDO Community Organizers"
- BDO Community Organizers will be in charge of kicking off missions at the set time, fielding questions, helping manage invites and renewals, and removing players to bring new players in.
We understand that people may not like the direction I take GSCH and may want to stay in Teaghlach for the foreseeable future, and that is not only supported but encouraged. From this day forward Teaghlach will be considered part of our circle of families we consider Tuatha and is welcome to use the site and tools as needed. We do not want to force people to be somewhere they don't want to be so if you would like to stay your welcome. You will still be Gaiscioch and you will still be considered part of the family.
We simply can't divide our attention between two rooms like we have in the past. We need one solid focus and do what we must to survive as GSCH.
If Teaghlach decides to come back into GSCH they are welcome to do so as well and we are happy to keep people at the same rank selection as they are in discord. All current BDO Leaders appointed will remain however the title will be renamed BDO Community Organizers. However, if they decide to stay in Teaghlach they will have their discord leadership tag removed as we will only want the GSCH Community Organizers to have the pink tag for easy member reference.
Remember. It's not what's above your head that matters, it's what's on your face at the end of the day. Make sure it's a smile. Player satisfaction is way more important than the guild tag above your head.
The Reality of the Situation
The reality is the situation sucks. The game has such a tight constraint it hinders our ability to succeed. We must take extreme measures to ensure our survival and mental health. There's not a single soul in this community that "Wants" to do this. But it's what must be done for the well being of our community right now. We need a consistent leader, we need consistent structure, we need a unified voice. I know not all of you will follow and I do not blame, or think bad of any of you. You are my family and you must do what your heart tells you to do. It's not fair to you or anyone around you to force you to do something you’re not happy with. You are still family, and always will be family. Whether you are Relic, Teaghlach, HoL, GSCH, or any other Tuatha community you are our family.
We will be hosting a short Q&A about the process this Wednesday May-18th at 5PM PT on Discord: http://gsch.info/vc/bdo
Thank you for your patience and understanding and I look forward to watching our community stabilize and thrive once again.